Friday, August 29, 2008

Endurance

It hurts when I see you.
The look in your eye.
The same look you used to give me.
The look which I know is not meant for me anymore.
It shouldn't hurt but it does.
So Sayonara and Adieu.
Few images conjure up endurance more than a strong sturdy oak. A tree that has been well known to survive for hundred of years and live through storm and sleet.



But as we all know, an oak grows from an acorn. A nut. A tiny thing whose only wish is not to grow into a mighty, strong oak, but not be eaten by a squirrel.







Cute ain't it?


What does that have to do with us? Well, we grow up not having a grand amazing purpose in our life but to just survive. Survive past that exam. Survive past the pain. Survive past that thing. But we all want to survive. For what can a half-digested acorn grow into is it does not survive? Surely not a tree. And definitely not a mighty oak.


But deep down inside all of us -even the acorn- there is a dream. A dream that knows what it will become. Just as the acorn knows that it will become a tree, we know that we will become something. A successful business woman, a feared lawyer, a lifesaving doctor or even just a good parent.


It is so easy to think, "What does this life have for me? What else is there to live for? It would be so easy to just take the easy way out. No one will miss me. No one will care.". Those are lies. People do care. They may not show it but they do care.


So to those who are giving up. Don't. Rome was not built in a day and that something must take time to grow. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy so stay in there. Endure. And when that something worthwhile comes, you will think. "I'm sure glad i stayed in there when I did. I'm glad I never gave up. I'm glad that I listened to my dream and never once quit.".


Before I go, I leave you with a poem.

Don't Quit
When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill.
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
and you want to smile but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit,
rest if you must but don't you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver line of the clouds of doubt,
And now you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar.
So stick in the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things go wrong that you mustn't quit.

Inspired? I truly hope so. So to those who are wavering, stay in there. The bad times will pass. Hope will shine through. And always, always endure.
Till next time, i bid you. Adieu.
P.S. A secret remains a secret only if it is kept a secret.

No comments: